Monday, November 7, 2011

Peanut Butter Dog Treats




The only thing I changed from the original recipe is using whole wheat flour, as the original recipe called simply for flour.  My dogs loved these, so I wouldn't change a thing.  Please make sure your dog doesn't have any allergies to these ingredients!  Try in small doses if unsure, and make sure there aren't any upset tummies.  
This is a lot like a scone mix, and the treats are softer.  The drops I made were a little on the large side as I always split a treat between dogs, and I rarely give them one serving at a time, lol, but you could definitely make at least 24 if you prefer a more typical dog treat size.   They do rise, so space accordingly.

Peanut Butter Dog Treats
Adapted from "Another Yummy Peanut Butter Dog Treat," 
www.dogtreatrecipes.org
Makes 24 servings
  • 1 cup flour (whole wheat)
  • 1/2 cup milk (I use skim)
  • 2 tablespoons peanut butter (smooth)
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 tablespoon chicken broth or stock
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder


~Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.


~Add the first 6 ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir until well mixed.  Add the baking powder and mix again until incorporated.


~Drop spoonfuls of your mix onto your baking sheet.

~Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool them off completely, and let your puppies enjoy! These should be stored in an air tight container or zip lock bag.
If you wanted to know who I baked these for, here she is!  You'll be seeing lots more of Daisy.

1 comment: