Saturday, March 3, 2012

Chocolate & Peanut Butter Chip Banana Muffins


The original recipe called solely for chocolate chips, but I had some peanut butter chips lying around and I couldn't resist!  Bananas and peanut butter go together so well.

I enjoyed these, as they were not too dense and relatively easy to make.

I only had nonfat greek yogurt in the fridge, so that's what I used, and they turned out fine.

The best thing about muffins is that you don't have to wait for them to cool! haha

Chocolate & Peanut Butter Chip Banana Muffins
Adapted from Lois Gordon's Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
allrecipes.com
Makes 15-17 muffins

  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup plain yogurt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (took me 2 large bananas)
  • heaping 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • heaping 1/3 cup peanut butter baking chips

~Preheat oven to 350 °F.  Prepare muffin tins with liners.

~In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.

~In a large bowl whisk together the sugar, egg, vegetable oil, yogurt, and vanilla extract.  Add flour mixture, and whisk just until incorporated.

~Fold in the mashed bananas, chocolate chips, and peanut butter chips.  

~Fill your liners about two-thirds full and bake for 20 to 24 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. (21 minutes was spot on for me, and I had 15 good sized muffins)

~Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, and then remove muffins to a wire cooling rack.  I recommend trying some while still warm, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment